Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I got the MS blues

Wow, I hate using Windows. It just seems so clumsy and irritating compared to OS X. Every time I need to find a file with the retarded Windows Explorer, I look for the Spotlight button- and then remember that I have to find the file myself, hunting through folder after annoying folder.

And why does Outlook treat the corporate address books and your contacts as two completely separate entities? Today I sent an email to a colleague with the same first name as one of the auditors, instead of the auditor, because I assumed Outlook would find the auditor's name in my contacts, and if there happened to be a colleague with the same name, it would ask me which one I wanted. Silly me. Microsoft wants you to make a special effort to communicate outside the company. It can't just be easy, you know. That would be too, well, Apple-like, I suppose.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

I can't remember if I've suggested this before or not, but if the absence of spotlight is bugging you on an intel box it's worth installing either MSN desktop search or Google desktop search. I prefer the former but they're both pretty decent.

9:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home