Thursday, February 22, 2007

A risk they're prepared to take

I was reading this bit by Norm, and I remembered the bit at the end of Dumb and Dumber, where the cop is explaining to Jim Carrey's character that, even though they had put him in danger, he had been safe, because he was wearing a bulletproof jacket. So Jim Carrey's character thinks for a bit, and says "What if he'd shot me in the head and not the chest?" and the cop says "That's a risk we were willing to take".

That's kind of how I see all these people who are so anxious for Israel to "give Hamas a chance" and take the first step, end the boycott, etc. Like, don't worry that these people continue to talk about liberating the entirety of "occupied Palestine", we're sure it'll turn out alright in the end.

Except, if they're wrong, nothing will happen to them. Just to Israel. Which makes a slight difference, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home