Sunday, April 01, 2007

Credit where credit is due

So I ordered a few books from Amazon a little while ago. I chose the free delivery option, naturally, so it took a few days for them to arrive. Anyway, on Thursday the postman handed me the familiar brown cardboard boxy thing. But, despite having my name on the label, it didn't have my books inside.

It contained instead six CDs that had, according to the packing slip, been purchased by another gentleman. Presumably his mailing label had been pasted onto my package, and he was enduring a similar revelation, or would soon.

So I logged on to my account, and found the returns page. There didn't seem to be an option to say "I got someone else's shipment" so I went through the page where they list the shipment, and you can say that you got something else for each item. Since I only had three books, I chose three CDs at random and typed one name in next to each book. Then I printed out the pre-paid return address label (quite cool), stuck it on the package, and dropped it off at the post office.

The surprising thing was getting the books Friday morning. So I only lost a day due to the whole mixup. That's quite impressive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen West said...

Spoke too soon. Despite sending the incorrect delivery back within an hour of receiving it, with the Amazon-approved address label and all, I've just received an email reminding me that unless I return the incorrect delivery, they'll charge me for it.

Sigh.

12:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home