Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The discreet charm of the Polish policeman

I quite enjoyed this tale of an encounter with thugs in Warsaw, and the aftermath:

If you are ever, ever in Warsaw, I highly recommend you flag down a passing cop car and tell them you've been assaulted. You will meet with a kind of unconditional acceptance and emotional support that I didn't know could be found outside one's immediate family. The police will also go apeshit and run around with guns and screaming sirens in a way that very few families do, and for the police it's perfectly legal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen West said...

I think you're a bit confused here: I don't describe any reaction; that is done by the writer of the piece that I quoted. And since I haven't been alive for sixty years yet, it would have been rather difficult for me to have bled Poland of all "independance" [sic] for that long, don't you think?

My first instinct was to delete your comment, but I think I'll leave it up to show people how stupid antisemites are.

2:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home